Your dog needs exercise and so do you! Get some tips on how to make the most out of it both for you and your dog.
Taking care of your dog is all about keeping them healthy and happy. One of the most important factors is keeping your dog active. But with our busy lives sometimes it’s hard to make time. A great way to make sure your dog is exercising is to exercise with them. In general, dogs should get on average 1-2 hours of exercise, but due to the diversity of breeds, they may need up to 4 hours. Here are some fun and ideas of ways you can work out with your dog!
- Walking or hiking is one of the most common ways to exercise with your dog, but have you ever thought about giving them time to really smell the flowers and whatever else they find! Take your dog on new routes so they can get lots of stimulation.
- Running is a great way to stay active for some dogs, but is not for everyone. Start running slowly with your dog and as they get more used to it you can increase the length of your workouts. Be aware of hot asphalt and hot temperatures in summer, as this is not good for your dog’s health.
- Cycling is also not for every dog, but if your dog is comfortable and safe it can be really fun! Remember to always have your dog leashed even when you’re on a bike.
- Swimming can be a great way to keep your dog active, but they may not know how to swim. But don’t worry you can teach your dog if they are curious. If they aren’t into water, its best to keep them on land.
- Games with your dog can be amazing for your dog’s health in many ways including mental stimulation. There’s the classics of fetch, tug of war, and hide and seek, but see if you and your dog can come up with your own game!
Getting exercise is important, but when you start trying anything new be aware that you should go at the pace of your dog and start slowly!
To learn more about exercising with your dog read the full article https://www.thesprucepets.com/great-ways-to-exercise-with-dogs-1117865